The Key-Whitman Eye Center is a large, fully integrated, multi-specialty ophthalmology practice with several satellite offices serving patients in the Dallas / Fort Worth area. To meet the needs and expectations of their patients, they wished to develop a new, innovative, patient-centered office in Dallas. Their new office provides ample clinical space and includes a 4-OR Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC), a Lasik Center, and corporate office space.
As the Owner’s Representative and Ophthalmology Design Consultant for the project, we provided programming, planning, and design (architectural and interior design) services as well as compliance survey and review.
The final design of the 34,500 SF facility focused on providing excellent, patient-centered ophthalmic care and incorporated features designed to provide an enhanced patient experience. These features included providing kiosks and a maître’d to welcome and assist patients with check-in and registration as well as a comfortable and inviting boutique like reception and waiting area with an optical shop. Many technological features were also included in the design and development of the space to enhance the patient experience, improve efficiency, and provide the most up-to-date testing, care, and surgical services.
Our compliance team, in collaboration with Compliance One, worked closely to prepare the facility by
- providing plan review consulting services in order to adhere to
- Texas State ASC Administrative Code,
- NFPA 101,
- and AAAHC Physical Environment Checklist.
- prepared Life Safety Drawings.
- prepared for AAAHC survey by conducting a Mock Facility Life Safety survey.
- prepared Emergency Preparedness Manuals.
- performed Testing, Inspections and Maintenance (TIM) Consulting.